Our upcoming 6-week Hockey Academies:
April to MAY 2019
MAY TO JULY 2019
July to august 2019
HOCKEY ACADEMY Overview
The sportDS Hockey Academy offers players the opportunity to work on all aspects of their game.
We offer a range of program lengths: flexi program, 6 weeks & 12 weeks.
We recommend playing club hockey while doing the Academy. It’s beneficial to be able to plan, practice and evaluate your Academy learnings in a club environment, week by week. If you need assistance with finding a club we can help.
What you get
- Technical skills training; focusing on ball carrying position, attacking manipulation skills, and all-encompassing defensive skills
- Opportunity for specialised development in advanced skills such as drag flicking, backhand skills, overheads and penalty corner skills
- Decision making under pressure and tactical tuition in different game scenarios
- Individual video analysis of match play
- Comprehensive strength and conditioning assessment and player-specific program
- Workshops on eating for performance, personal identity and self awareness, focusing in high pressure environments and a rare Athlete Experience - getting a tour and training viewing of an elite football club in the AFL
- Behavioural profiling in sport with a world renowned Athlete DISC profile
6 weeks - fully comprehensive program. Covers technical, tactical and conditioning aspects in an intense format. 8 - 10 sessions per week, this program will surely take your game to the next level.
12 weeks - all of the above - offered at a discounted rate. Go into further depth with technical and conditioning aspects of the program.
Flexi-program - in Melbourne for a shorter stay? Want to sharpen up for your upcoming competition? Missed a club training? This could be for you...
sportDS Hockey Academy sessions are conducted on a number of high quality inner Melbourne pitches, all accessible by public transport.